As I’m hard at work on creating Dyeing 104: Multicolor Silk, I realized that it’s been a long time since I had a sale on my other online classes!!! Would you be interested in learning how to dye? Or perhaps you’ve done some dyeing with Procion MX fiber reactive dyes and are less than happy with your results? Either way, my online courses “Dyeing 100: Intro to Dyeing with Fiber Reactive Dyes”, “Dyeing 101: Controlling Color“, “Dyeing 102: Controlling Texture“, and “Dyeing 103: Multicolor Cotton Fabric” may be a great place for you. They are self-paced courses with no time limit on course access, so you don’t have to have the time right now to follow the class through to completion. In fact, one of the aspects of my classes is that I’ll be able to help you identify how and when you can dye, I’m a pro at fitting my passion for color in around the cracks of my busy life!
There are almost 3 hours of videos, 38 pages of .PDF files (all the content except for the videos that you can download and save on your computer) plus each session has printable formula sheets allowing you to dye the session using 4 different sizes of fabric (from fat eighths to full yards) using either metric or imperial measurements, your choice!
If you’ve always wanted to created luscious fabrics that look like this:
then come join us!
I was so amazed with getting so many colors from 3 basic primaries. I feel like Candy has revealed the Secrets to Life, the Universe, and Everything to me! This class was so worth it! Thank you, Candy!
Seriously, this is the best online class I have taken. You are computer savvy and you know dyeing–a match made in heaven. 🙂 (P.S. I am a functional analyst and help non techies in the Justice department figure out what their program needs are, so I KNOW what good documentation should look like.)
Excellent presentation and format!
I have quite a bit of experience in shibori and printing with thickened dyes, but am tired of my sloppy outcomes in color. I like the tone of your presentations. Everything seems very achievable. I greatly appreciate your sense of order.
This is the most well thought out online class that I have taken!!!
I can immediately see you are a gifted teacher- your planning, background preparation are evident in well presented materials.
We have all learned a ton; like any good class, the teacher learns from the students, and the students share great tips with one another. Here’s a sneak peak at some of the things you’d be dyeing in Dyeing 101:Controlling Color:
And here are some of the textures you learn how to dye in Dyeing 102: Controlling Texture:
- From Floris: Candy’s lessons are wonderfully complete. I love that there are PDFs I can save and re-read, the Excel spreadsheets I can modify as I wish to make new colors or work with different weights of fabric, plus the online videos so I can watch how it’s actually done. And if all this isn’t completely clear, Candy is always quick to respond to questions. I think these are great classes for anyone who wants to explore dyeing further.
- From Merran: It’s very helpful to have both video and documentation. I watch the videos for the first go round, but then have the documentation to refer back to when I just want to go over a particular aspect again, without re watching the whole video. The spreadsheets are great. If you aren’t familiar with Excel there is plenty of tutoring in the program, and if you are familiar with Excel, you will be able to figure out how to use the basic structure to make new blends of your own colors.
- From Laine: I love love love these classes. The format is perfect for my learning style and the lessons are easy to follow. I particularly like being able to go at my own pace and having enough examples that I can do the ones I want and find exciting, and skip the ones I don’t particularly care about doing while still learning everything in the lesson material. The color palette spreadsheets are worth so much more than the cost of the class. I can’t believe we are receiving the excellent instruction, AND the different “recipes” for the price it is being offered. Thanks Candy!
- From Liz: Candy’s dyeing classes are all wonderful. The material is well thought out and well-presented plus Candy is so responsive if a question or problem comes up. The spreadsheets in the class materials are a huge help for mixing the right amount of dyes for the project at hand. I highly recommend these classes for anyone who wants to learn Fiber Reactive Dyeing. They are worth the cost and time investment
- From Jackie: I love how you have included both written and video material, I can watch how to first and then refer to the written material to do the actual steps. Showing the student the final product is very exciting to see and compare when we have done it ourselves. Seeing that even you can make small mistakes and how to ensure we do things correctly to prevent cross contamination and I enjoy hearing you get excited with the process itself makes me chuckle along with you.
- From Johanna: I haven’t read a thing yet in Session 5…only just looked at the photos first. YOWZA! They are amazing. Especially the Gerber Daisies. It is 8:45pm. I think I know what I will be doing for the rest of the evening. BEAUTIFUL, lovely work!
(Here’s the Gerber Daisies she was talking about:)
Here’s a peek at all the multi-color palettes you can dye:
These online courses are designed to teach you how to use Procion MX Fiber Reactive Dyes on cotton in a controlled manner. Whether you are a beginner, or someone who has dyed in this manner before, my intention is to help you gain confidence in your dyeing and raise you from apprentice to “journey(wo)man” status.
Not quite sure if you’d like one of my online classes? I’ve created a sample session so you can give it a try – Click here!
Because I know you’re gonna learn a ton, I wanted to offer you a discount in case you needed some extra incentive! If you use the coupon code “Summer” you’ll be able to purchase any or all of my complete online classes for 25% off! Remember, these are self-paced courses with no expiration date, so you can fit the dyeing in when it’s convenient for you!What does have an expiration date is this coupon code…it’s only good until July 4 – so if you’re thinking about one of these classes, I urge you to consider enrolling now so you can save 25%.