Andrew got the drawer built for the island today!
This whomping huge drawer is going to be divided to hold all the big cookie sheets, cutting boards, trays etc… He made the sides and the drawer front out of 1/2″ plywood and then used 1/4′” MDF to divide the sides into panels that mimic the shape of our drawer fronts. And then – CHARTREUSE!
We spent some time moving all the big pieces around to figure out the best way to fit them all in:
While Andrew was working on the dividers, i put the slipcovers I dyed on the 2 new Ikea stools I painted last week. I smartly bought 2 pairs of slipcovers, and dyed a pair navy and another pair turquoise. Although I originally planned to use the same colors at a time, Logan really wanted the turquoise covers to be HIS and the navy covers to be LIAM’s, so we’ll use one of each! Here’s where I’m going with the colors:
Late in the day, Andrew brought in the island top. It still needs 2 coats of finish, so we can’t use it…but at least we can see what it’s going to look like!!!!!